What is WATSU®?
WATSU® is an amazing form of Aquatic Bodywork. The recipient is cradled and supported in warm water, while being brought through a series of gentle stretching movements and specific bodywork. Each session is tailored to meet the unique needs of the recipient. Every part of the body, mind and spirit is benefitted by the warmth of the water, the comfort of being held, and the skilled techniques employed during the session.
Who can benefit from WATSU®?Video Testimonial
Nearly everyone can benefit from a WATSU® treatment. People with the following conditions have experienced great relief through this aquatic bodywork:
- Orthopedic impairments – back pain/surgery, decreased ROM or muscle pain following trauma.
- Neurological impairments – stroke, brain injury, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis
- Arthritis – osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Pregnant women, people with a high level of stress, or people moving through the grieving process
Being supported effortlessly in warm water creates the perfect environment for relaxation of the muscles, stretching, and freeing of the spine. It also encourages deep emotional release and healing. A deep sense of peace is often experienced.
A typical WATSU® session takes 90 minutes (60 minutes in the water)
Cost per session: $80-100 depending on location.